No Bake White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Truffles
- 1 300g package Golden Oreos (27 regular sized)
- 2 peppermint candy canes
- 4 oz (1/2 package) cream cheese
- 226g good white chocolate (about 1.5 cups, just enough to coat your truffles)
- Garnish: 3 crushed peppermint candy canes
- In a food processor, process Oreos and candy canes until fine crumbs. Add the cream cheese and process until the dough comes together (it will form a large ball).
- Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap or foil. Roll Oreo mixture into balls and place on the baking sheet. Freeze at least 2 hours or until solid.
- In a double boiler (a small pot with a glass bowl sitting on top will work just fine, as long as it is far off the bottom of the pot), melt the chocolate: add 1 inch of water in the bottom and bring to a simmer. Place bowl on top and add the chocolate to the bowl. Simmer over low heat, stirring constantly, until white chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip Oreo balls in white chocolate, sprinkle with crushed candy canes and set back on baking sheet to set up. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve, or freeze for up to 6 months. (Truffles will be fine out at room temperature for quite some time, but for longer storage I would store in the refrigerator)
Thanks to The Recipe Rebel for this Recipe!