Melting Snowman Oreo Balls
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies (regular size), finely crushed
- 16 oz. vanilla candy wafers or melts, melted (these can be found at Walmart, target, Michaels or other craft stores)
- 48 Mini OREO Bite Size Cookies
- decorations: decorating icing or gel; multi-colored sprinkles
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until well blended. I like to crush the Oreos in a food processor and then add the cream cheese and process it together. It can also be done by hand though.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls; place in single layer in shallow pan. Some readers have stuck toothpicks in the top before freezing for easier dipping later. Freeze for at least 20 minutes. They can be frozen for longer. Dip balls in melted coating (see note); I do this by using a fork and tapping the fork on the bowl of my candy coating to remove some of the extra coating. If you used the toothpick option dip balls and then gently remove the toothpick and fill in the hole with melted candy coating. Place in shallow waxed paper-lined pan, allowing excess coating to pool at bottom of each ball.
- Chill balls until coating is set.
- Decorate with remaining ingredients as shown in photo. You can use the candy coating to adhere the hat to the head. Place in the fridge immediately to set up the decorations.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
Thank you Christy Denney for this Recipe! xx