FUN KIDS YARN CARDS!
This is a great DIY project when the kids are in the house driving you nuts and you need them to keep busy while you cook up a storm for Christmas. Not only is it fun, the kids will LOVE the results and be able to give their cards to family and friends!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Large needle
- Small piece of silver pipe cleaner (for the angel)
- Letter stamp set (optinal)
- Cut your cardstock into card size shapes. Trace a holiday shape like a tree or angel onto the card with a pencil. You can freehand the shapes or look up clipart online to cut out and use as a template.
- Poke holes with your needle along your drawn shape and erase the pencil lines. Start threading yarn through the holes, making sure to tie a knot on your first go through so it stays secure in the back of the card. Note: we added a beaded star to the top which is optional.
- Continue stringing and then start adding the beads. Continue stringing until your tree looks full.
- You can also add stamped letters as we did.
- The back of the card will look “stringy” so you can cut a piece of felt and glue on the back of the card to cover any imperfections.
Repeat the same process for the angel. Instead of beads, we glued a small piece of silver pipe cleaner as the halo.
Thank you so much, hellowonderful.co for this incredibly fun and beautiful DIY project!